Retirement Savings Account (RSA) holders with Leadway Pensure have every reason to smile as the firm continues to deliver excellent customer service and more importantly, high yield on investments.
In October, for instance, all RSA funds across multiple investments in the company outperformed their stipulated benchmarks. RSA I had 32% annualized return against a 25% benchmark; RSA II returned 25% against a 23% benchmark; RSA III returned 20% against a 15% benchmark, and RSA IV returned 18% against a 9% benchmark. This is really impressive, especially during this time of economic uncertainties.
Interestingly, the National Pension Commission has just opened the transfer window for RSA holders to freely transfer from their existing PFA to another one.
This transfer between PFAs can only happen once a year and is designed to help RSA holders assert the right to choose a Pension Fund Administrator with excellent service delivery and great returns.
What this signals is that there is absolutely no reason to keep a fund manager that does not offer competitive returns or does not give you a wholesome pension experience.
With several pension fund administrators to pick from, however, it could be daunting deciding on which administrator to go with. You need not be flustered!
Here are 4 reasons why Leadway Pensure PFA Limited should be your first choice.
- Brand Heritage – Leadway Pensure is part of the Leadway Group, a strong brand that has led the non-banking financial sector for 50 years. You see? Track record is top notch! Beyond that, Leadway Pensure is one of the most capitalized PFA’s in Nigeria with an authorized share capital of N2.0 Billion and shareholder’s fund in excess of N4.0 Billion, unimpaired by losses.
- Competitive Returns – Leadway Pensure has consistently delivered returns above the inflation rate, thereby preserving the wealth of its customers. If you care about the returns on your investments, then Leadway Pensure is the right place to be
- Customer Service – Leadway Pensure has won the best PFA in customer service back to back. Talk about excellent service delivery? Simply unrivaled!
- Accessibility – Online Enrolment Portal, Mobile App, Interactive SMS, Pensure Online (P-Online), SureCal (Pensure Calculator) are all platforms that give you transparent access to your funds and your manager.
With Leadway Pensure PFA, you are assured of returns on investment and value protection from economic downturn.
Need we say more? Choose Leadway Pensure PFA – choose comfort and wealth!
Visit https://joinus.leadway-pensure.com/ to learn more about how to move your Retirement Savings Account to us.
Forex trading in Nigeria – A beginner’s guide
It is believed that Nigerian forex traders trade positions worth at least $1.25 million on average every day.
The foreign exchange market is more commonly known as the forex market. It is the financial market involved with the trading of currencies. It is the largest financial market in the world where trading volumes of more than $5 trillion occur daily.
These trades are executed over the counter, more commonly referred to as OTC. This means that transactions are executed around the world through online computer networks. In addition to being the largest market, the forex market is also the most liquid and volatile.
Liquidity refers to the ease with which an asset or a security can be converted into cash without it affecting its market price. Market volatility refers to the velocity of price changes which occur in any market.
The liquidity and volatility of the market is as a result of the significant amount of forex trades which occur daily and higher liquidity also results in lower transaction costs, a benefit for all traders.
Nigerian traders have access to the forex market 24 hours a day, 5 days a week, with the added benefit that trading can be done despite the trader’s time zone. This due to the fact once one market closes, another will open while some are open due to the overlap in time zones.
When considering forex trading specifically in Nigeria, forex trading has become easier in the country. The past decade reflects substantial economic growth as well as an increase in disposable income.
Nigeria is one of the most prosperous countries in Africa and it is believed that Nigerian forex traders trade positions worth at least $1.25 million on average every day.
There are also more brokers that are welcoming Nigerian traders in registering an account on their platform, allowing beginners and experts to connect to global markets.
The Basics – What all Beginner Nigerian Traders Must know
One of the most common mistakes that beginner traders make often is not ensuring that they have adequate forex trading knowledge. Before approaching the forex market, Nigerian beginner traders must ensure that they consult adequate educational resources to build up their knowledge.
One of the most basic areas to begin is learning common forex terms and their definitions. This will help Nigerian traders understand the forex ‘jargon’ that they will be exposed to from the get-go when they start trading.
Some of the terms that traders are more likely to see include the following:
- Base currency – this refers to the currency that the trader is currently holding, in this case, the Nigerian Naira. The base currency always appears first in a currency pair.
- Quote currency – this is the currency that the trader will purchase. The quote currency always appears second in a pair.
- Bid/Ask Price – the bid price refers to the price at which the broker is willing to buy the base currency. The ask price is the price that the broker will ask the trader in exchange for buying the quote currency of choice.
- Spread – the spread is the difference between the bid and the ask price which is expressed in pips. The spread is charged by the broker as payment for rendering services. There are floating/variable spreads which change with market conditions and fixed spreads which are determined by the broker.
- Pip – this stands for ‘Percentage in Point’. It is the smallest measurable value of currency movements and the smallest increment that a price can move. One pip is equal to 1/100th of the base currency of the trader.
In addition to this, another imperative educational tool is a demo account. Numerous brokers offer them to traders. A demo account provides a risk-free platform to traders where they can practice trading in an environment which mimics live trading conditions, without risking actual capital.
Why you should develop a forex trading plan
All traders who intend to be successful have a trading plan. It consists of a set of rules and guidelines that shapes and defines the trading behaviour of a trader.
Nigerian beginner traders must ensure that they evaluate their needs, goals, and limitations before they start trading. This will ensure that they do not give in to emotional or chaotic trading and ensures that they have a clear goal and objective in mind.
Trading plans also help traders manage their risks more effectively.
How to choose a trading strategy
Once Nigerian beginner traders have a better idea of what they want to achieve through their forex trading and what they are limited to, they can start looking at the different forex trading strategies to use when trading, or they can develop their own.
The trading strategy must be chosen according to the trading style of the trader and it must be in line with the trader’s trading plan. One of the main considerations when choosing a trading strategy is the personality of the trader.
This is because it will be assessed by performance as well as quality of historical data, and the implementation of the strategy. Factors such as time management, dedication, commitment, patience, and others are imperative when choosing a strategy.
You might like: Latest Africa Forex Trading Stats ( 2020 )
How to choose the right forex broker
When Nigerian traders start considering a broker to facilitate their trades, there are key factors to consider, including:
- Knowing your needs as a trader such as education, research, trading strategy provision, trading tools, and more.
- Regulation – beginners must ensure that they only deal with regulated brokers to ensure the safety of their funds
- Fees and commissions – Traders must ensure that they understand their financials and what they can spend and afford to lose. Here, traders must consider the trading and non-trading fees.
- Testing the broker’s platform by opening a demo account.
- Make sure that the broker offers adequate education and research.
- Look at the ease with which funds can be deposited and withdrawn.
- Test and evaluate the level of customer service.
What drives the forex market and why is observation important?
When traders start out, they must realize that there are factors that drive the prices and exchange rates in the forex market. These include, but is not limited to:
- Central Banks
- News Reports
- Mark Sentiment, and numerous others.
By staying up to date with news and other reports, traders can more effectively begin to anticipate what the market may do while making extensive use of both fundamental and technical analysis to assist them in trading decisions.
BUA donates 3 Emergency COVID-19 ambulances, 100,000 facemasks to Yobe
BUA Group has donated three ambulances and 100,000 facemasks to the Yobe State Government.
As COVID-19 cases continue to rise across Nigeria, BUA has donated three ambulances and 100,000 facemasks to the Yobe State Government as part of its social support and humanitarian commitment to combat the COVID-19 pandemic in the country.
Presenting the donations on behalf of the Chairman of BUA Group, Abdul Samad Rabiu at the Government House, Damaturu, Aliyu Idi Hong, Director of Government Relations, BUA Group commended Governor Mai Mala Buni of Yobe State for his tireless efforts in curbing the COVID-19 pandemic in the state.
According to Hong, “So far, the Chairman of BUA Group, Abdul Samad Rabiu has given more than 8 billion Naira worth of support to towards the fight against COVID-19 in Nigeria.”
“With the second wave spreading across Nigeria, we are expanding the scope of our intervention to various states and will continue to support initiatives aimed at helping to curb the spread of the virus in Nigeria,” Hong added.
Reacting, Governor Buni thanked Abdul Samad Rabiu, Chairman/Founder BUA Group, for his humanitarian gesture to the nation especially to Yobe State noting that the “donation is coming at the right time because of the second wave of the pandemic”.
The governor reminded the Yobe people to adhere strictly to the covid-19 preventive measures by wearing facemasks, keeping social distancing and washing their hands
Another First! Wragby becomes a Microsoft Azure Expert Managed Service Provider (MSP)
This makes Wragby the first Microsoft Partner in Nigeria and West East Central and Sub-Saharan Africa to achieve this!
Wragby Business Solutions & Technologies Limited (Wragby) has achieved the Microsoft Azure Expert Managed Services Provider (MSP) status, maintaining high proficiency in assessing, migrating, building, deploying, optimizing, and managing business solutions on Azure. This makes Wragby the first Microsoft Partner in Nigeria and West East Central and Sub-Saharan Africa to achieve this!
“We are super proud to be awarded this designation as a Microsoft Azure Expert Managed Service Provider. It is yet another proof to the depth of our expertise, by ensuring that our technical capabilities and processes meet and exceed the standards of the Azure Expert MSP program. We look forward to achieving more,” – Oluyomi Alarape , MD/CEO Wragby
Participation in the Azure Expert MSP program is granted to partners that meet several requirements, including verified customer delivery and technical expertise tests, as well as successfully complete an independent audit of their managed services, equipment, processes, and technologies. Providers must hold Microsoft Gold Cloud Platform competency, maintain end-to-end managed support for Azure, and provide multiple customer references of Azure managed service projects delivered over the last 12 months.
The Microsoft Azure Expert Managed Service Provider program is designed to give businesses migrating to the cloud confidence that their chosen partners have demonstrated the highest degree of capability to deliver repeatable high-fidelity managed services on Azure.
According to Akin Ayodele- Chief Technology Advisor at Wragby the attainment of the Azure Expert MSP Certification Wragby has once again demonstrated in very concrete terms her commitment Towards supporting our Customers journey and experience in the use of the Microsoft Azure Intelligent Cloud Platform family to exploit solutions and Innovations to realize their digital transformation objectives.
This recognition validates Wragby’s ability in orchestrating and integrating various services on Azure including cloud infrastructure, IoT services and application migration skills, as well as the ability to deliver value to customers by offering proactive monitoring, automation, and management of their Azure environments.
In the current ever-changing Business Landscape, Businesses need a greater level of auto-scaling to Increase Operational efficiency, be more Agile and deliver excellent customer experience through technology services. Businesses therefore need to auto-scale to meet their technology demands & save cost through Excellent but Cost-Effective Managed services.
Our Best-in-Class Digital Advisory Team has high proficiency in assessing, migrating, building, deploying, optimizing, and managing business solutions on Azure, using proven processes and tools. This is evident by our recent attainment of the Microsoft Azure Expert Managed Services Provider (MSP) status,
Meet IT demands & Save cost through our Expert Managed Services offer which includes:
- Integrated IT service management of workflow/automation
- App Migration/Modernization Services
- Infrastructure Configuration & Management
- Business Continuity, Backup and Disaster Recovery
- Data Protection
- Storage and Patch management
- Security and Identity management
- Cloud Advisory Services…plus more
We work with various teams for efficient delivery either On-premise, Hybrid, or in a Public Cloud.
We are just a call away. Contact us at www.wragbysolutions.com