Meyer Plc has appointed the former Financial Controller of Dangote Group, Rotimi Alashe as the new Chief Financial Officer (CFO).
Alashe had been acting in the capacity of Chief Financial Officer for Meyer Plc since July 1, 2019, before the announcement. According to the company’s statement signed by its Secretary, Ifetola Fadeyibi, he has 30 years experience as a financial expert. The appointment was disclosed on the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) yesterday.
Meyer believes Alashe is a valued contributor to executive-level strategy. He has led and facilitated management change through investment opportunities and has also spent 18 years in driving the growth of blue chip companies.
Why this matters: His appointment came seven months after the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) reportedly shut down Meyer’s factory located in Ikeja. There were reports that FIRS officials visited the paint company over back taxes. Meyer, however, denied the tax claims and said relevant papers were presented to the FIRS officers who later reopened the company.
Alashe’s academic history: He’s a graduate of University of Benin and has an MBA in General Management from Pan Atlantic University (Lagos Business School). He is equally a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN) and an Associate of the Charted Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), UK.
Career history: Within Rotimi Alashe’s 30 years professional experience in the financial circle, he worked for about fourteen companies in Nigeria.
- Chief Financial Officer/Executive Director, Coscharis Farms Limited (March 2018-April 2019)
- Chief Responsibility Officer, SPA Integrated Trades (June 2017-February 2018)
- Head of Finance, Flour Mills Nigeria Plc (Sunti Golden Sugar Estate Limited / 2015-2017)
- Head, Financial Reporting, Tax & Statutory Compliance, Frigoglass Industries Nigeria Limited (2010-2015)
- Financial Controller, Dangote Group (Obajana Cement Plc) (2007-2010)
- Finance and Administration Manager, Airliquide Nigeria Plc (2006-2007)
- Finance Manager, Freezone Fabrication Company Limited (2004-2006)
- Chief Finance Officer, Vic Lawrence Consulting Limited (2004)
- Financial Controller, Linkserve Limited (2003)
- Chief Accountant, Edo Cement Limited (2003)
- Finance Manager, Nigerian Bottling Company Plc (1999-2002)
- Plant Accountant, West African Portland Cement Plc (1994-1999)
- Audit Manager, West African Portland Cement Plc (1993-1994)
- Audit Senior, Ernst and Young International (1988-1993)
[READ FURTHER: CAP Plc’s share price is beginning to tank]
Note: Meyer Plc appointed a new Managing Director in March 2019. The company’s Board of Directors unanimously approved Devashish Nath’s appointment at a meeting held on Tuesday, March 18, 2019. The appointment took effect from Friday, February 1, 2019.