GM position in a travel agency
A contemporary travel agency is seeking to engage a General Manager to join its growing team of vibrant individuals. The agency is a major player in the Kaduna/Abuja area and has been operating for over 10 years.
THE ROLE OF GENERAL MANAGER
- Responsible for overseeing and managing operations of the agency.
- Develop operational policies and procedures.
- Develop the sales policy, processes, and teams and drives the sales force.
- Determine sales culture of the agency.
- Drive achievement of corporate goals and vision with minimal cost.
- Ensures profitability and promotes positive performance.
- Formulating and implementing sales policies/strategies that increases sales
- Building a strong sales force
- Provide sales target figures to staff
- Develop specialist and competitive travel products
- Sourcing products to meet consumer demand for bespoke travel
- Prepares annual budget and prudently manages organization’s resources within those budget guidelines
- Debt recovery
- Overseeing the recruitment selection, training, payroll and retention of staff
- Succession planning
- Build strong relationship with government agencies and travel bodies
- Co-ordinate agency activities to achieve business and profitability objective
- Business process re-engineering
- Set up and oversee new agency branches/locations
- Identify staff training needs and develop plans for same
- Building a strong work culture
The candidate should have a degree in Management/Finance/Social Sciences/Arts. Must possess above 5 years relevant working experience in sales/retail marketing. An adept knowledge of the travel industry would be a good advantage
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills including the ability to prepare clear and concise business documents and targeted reports.
- Interpersonal skills
- Team building skills
- Basic accounting skills
- Leadership skills
- Excellent negotiation and conflict resolution skills, with a proven ability to effectively manage escalated confrontational customers.
- Ability to see the big picture and communicate vision to staff
- Well developed problem solving skills with the ability to analyse and evaluate data in order to make substantiated judgements and recommendations.
- Ability to take a strategic approach to new branch locations, in order to positively influence turnover and achieve margin targets.
- A good understanding of effective marketing processes and techniques.
- An understanding of the political and legislative considerations, relevant to operating within the travel industry.
- Excellent consultation skills and the ability to effectively liaise with and motivate teams of staff beyond the immediate control of this position.
- Well developed computer literacy skills.
Extensive travel to Agency branches will be necessary.
LOCATION: Kaduna/ Abuja
Interested candidates should send their cvs to [email protected]