A branch of Stanbic IBTC at Allen Avenue, Ikeja, on Tuesday, gutted fire. The fire started as a result of explosion from an employee’s vehicle parked in the bank’s car park, an eyewitness who is also a staff of the bank confirmed to Nairametrics.
The fire extended to part of the building which was later put out by staffs of the bank while security personnel prevented access to the affected part of the building.
Banking activities at the branch is currently on hold as staffs were seen outside the building for their safety.
Nairametrics recently reported that Stanbic IBTC is targeting the sum of $150 million as proceeds from three commercial paper issues. The fundraise is part of the bank’s N100 billion multi-currency shelf programme.
Details of the issue include:
- Series 43, has a tenor of 90 days and will be issued at a discount rate of 4%.
- Series 44 has a tenure of 180 days and will be issued at a discount rate of 4.5%.
- Series 45 has a tenor of 270 days and will be issued at a discount rate of 5%.
- Each series is sized at $50 million.
- The three issues opened on Tuesday 31st of July 2018 and will be closing today Thursday, August 2, 2018
- All orders are for a minimum of $100,000 and multiples of $10,000 thereafter.
Stanbic IBTC stock traded at N49.90 in today’s trading session on the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE).