Here is a recap of stocks that had corporate actions last week and those expected this week.
Corporate actions include payment of dividends, closure of shareholders’ registers, and qualification dates for dividends or bonuses.
It also includes the list of companies that will be holding their Annual General Meetings (AGMs) during the week.
Corporate actions held last week
Capital Hotels Plc
Capital Hotels Plc held its Annual General Meeting on June 27, 2018.
NPF Microfinance Bank Plc
NPF Microfinance Bank held its Annual General Meeting on June 28, 2018. A dividend of N0.17 per share was recommended for the 2017 financial year.
Mutual Benefits Assurance Plc
MRS Oil Plc
Shareholders on its register as at June 28, 2018, qualified for a 1 for 5 dividend bonus.
BOC Gases Nigeria Plc
BOC Gases held its Annual General Meeting on June 28, 2018. A dividend of N0.20 per share was paid on the same date.
Dangote Flour Mills Plc
Dangote Flour Mills held its Annual General Meeting on June 22, 2018. A dividend payment of N0.20 per share took place on June 27, 2018.
Newrest ASL Nigeria Plc
Newrest ASL held its Annual General Meeting on June 26, 2018. Dividend payment took place the next day. A dividend of N0.17 per share was paid.
Okomu Oil Palm Company Plc
Okomu Oil paid a dividend of N3 per share for the 2017 financial year on June 25, 2018.
Corporate Actions for this week
Presco Plc was incorporated in Nigeria on September 24, 2001. The company became a public limited liability company in 2002, and following an Initial Public Offer (IPO) in the same year, was listed on the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE).
Qualification date for Presco Plc’s dividend is on July 6, 2018. The company will be paying a dividend of N2 per share for the 2017 financial year.
Learn Africa Plc was established in 1961 as Longman Nigeria – a book publishing firm wholly owned by Longman Group UK Limited, now Pearson Education. On July 23, 1996, the shares of Longman Nigeria Plc were listed on the NSE.
In 2008, the company became a subsidiary of Pearson Plc. In 2011, Pearson and Longman Nigeria mutually agreed to become separate corporate entities in Nigeria.
Learn Africa Plc is into publication and marketing of books at all levels.
Learn Africa’s qualification date is on July 6, 2018. The company will be paying a dividend of N0.14 per share.
NAHCO Aviance was incorporated on December 6, 1979, as an aviation servicing company.
At inception, the Federal Government, through the Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) held 60% equity interest in the company, while four foreign airlines – Air France, British Airways, Sabena, and Lufthansa – shared the remaining 40% in various ratios.
NAHCO Aviance was privatised in 2005 and listed on the NSE in 2006.
NAHCO Aviance will be closing its register from July 3 to July 5, 2018. The company will be paying a dividend of N0.25 per share.
LASACO Assurance was incorporated on December 20, 1979, as Lagos State Assurance Company Limited. It obtained a licence as an insurer on July 7, 1980, and commenced business on August 1, 1980. It became a public limited liability company in 1991 when its shares were listed on the NSE.
LASACO Assurance will be paying a dividend of N0.03 on Thursday, July 5, 2018. This is for the 2017 financial year.
11 Plc (formerly Mobil Oil Plc)
11 Plc will be paying a dividend of N8 per share for the 2017 financial year.