Did you know that First Bank of Nigeria Limited has an array of debit cards specially designed for your convenience and ease of banking? These cards are acceptable nationwide and globally; they can be used to withdraw cash and access other value added services including bills payment, airtime recharge, flight and hotel booking among others. These cards are very secure with the best of modern chip and pin technology.
First Bank has included the Contactless Naira Master card to its card variety and the cards all have unique attributes to support the lifestyles of different customer segments. First Bank’s debit cards include the following:
The Contactless Naira MasterCard
- Make payments in the London transport network such as buses, tubes, trams, Dock and Light Railway (DLR) and the London Overground as well as in Grocery shops, supermarkets and Gas stations within London metropolis;
- Builds a cashless society by promoting increased card usage for low value transactions. The daily limits for pin-less transactions are N3000 for the contactless naira master card.
- Payments are made by tapping the card on the POS machine with contactless functions for low value transactions (the card can also be used in a regular POS as a normal MasterCard).
The FirstBank Verve Debit Card
- It is accepted wherever the Interswitch or Verve logo is displayed and you can perform transactions via the Quickteller services menu on FirstBank ATMs
- Chip & PIN secured for greater protection of customers’ funds and provides extra protection for web based transactions with the “Safetoken”.
- This Card is Naira-denominated, issued in 15 minutes at FirstBank branches, saves time and is very easy to obtain.
The Expressions on Card
- You now have the freedom to design the look and feel of your debit cards with your most cherished memories and spend with a card that is as unique as you.
- The card is Naira-denominated and is accepted globally for online, ATM and PoS transactions.
Platinum Naira MasterCard
- Naira-denominated international Debit card issued in partnership with MasterCard Worldwide, and enables transactions all over the world wherever the MasterCard logo is displayed.
- Provides access to e-Commerce across the globe and enhanced security with the Europay MasterCard Visa (EMV) technology that greatly reduces the cloning of cards;
- Gives you access to international emergency services such as card replacement and cash advance via MoneyGram or Western Union money transfer services.
- Platinum Naira Master Card also grants access to higher daily transaction limits from FirstBank.
- The card is accepted worldwide at over 29 million merchant locations, can be used for transactions over the WEB or POS as well as cash withdrawals at over 1.8 million ATMs, in over 200 countries. It is secured by Chip & PIN technology and is issued within 15 minutes at FirstBank branches.
The Visa Debit Card
- Dual currency card denominated in NGN and USD, allowing you spend Naira from your Naira account and Dollars from your domiciliary account simultaneously.
- The card has an EMV (Chip & PIN) card with enhanced security that ensures safety of funds and transactions.
- The Visa Debit card is accepted globally for ATM withdrawals, POS payments terminals as well as online for goods and services.
You also need to know…
First Bank is re-certified to the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) version 3.2, and this recertification reaffirms the Bank’s leading position in the payment card industry in Nigeria. Recently, First Bank was named the first financial institution in Nigeria and the West-Africa sub-region to issue 10 million cards to customers across the country.
This makes First Bank the second bank in Africa to achieve this feat. With this milestone, the Bank has maintained a 95% active card ratio and currently processes about 30% of card transactions in the entire banking industry.
So, what are you waiting for…Visit a First Bank Branch today to obtain your First Bank debit Card…terms and conditions apply.