Teleco-giant, MTN, has announced the appointment of Uche Ofodile as the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Lonestar cell MTN Liberia.
An early career in marketing, advertising, and public relations gave Uche a diverse foundation in the automotive, consulting, higher education, and broadcasting industries.
Prior to her new appointment, she was Africa’s regional head for Facebook’s express WiFi. She comes with over a decade experience in telecoms Industry.
Profile of the new CEO
- She holds a BA degree in Political Science from Ramapo College, New Jersey, USA.
- Diploma in Strategic Marketing from Columbia University Business School, New York, USA.
- Internet Marketing Associate at KPMG from January 2001 to February 2002.
- Corporate Brand Manager Econet (now Airtel) in 2002 to June 2004.
- Chief Commercial Officer, MTS first wireless from 2005 to 2007
- Marketing Director Nutricima 2007 to 2009.
- Chief Marketing Officer, Vodafone Accra July 2009 till June 2014.
- CEO Millicom/Tigo DRC Kinshasa 2014-2016.
- She was appointed Facebook’s Regional Head, Africa- Express WiFi in 2017.
Lonestar Cell is a telecommunications company based in Monrovia, Liberia. The company owns and operates the largest wireless telecommunications network in Liberia, with over 48% of the market share.
Founded in 2000 by Beirut-based Investcom, the company became a subsidiary of the South African conglomerate MTN Group following MTN’s acquisition of Investcom in 2006.