President Muhammadu Buhari yesterday inaugurated the National Wage Committee yesterday at the Presidential villa. The government, after considering the report by the committee, will send a bill to the National Assembly.
Here is a list of the committee members, which cuts across the public and private sectors as well as labour unions.
- Ama Pepple former Head of Service Chairperson.
- Minister of Labour and Employment, Senator Chris Ngige, Deputy Chairman.
- Chief Richard Egbule Chairman, National Salaries, Income, and Wages Commission, will serve as the Secretary of the committee.
- Udo Udo Udoma, Minister, Budget and Planning.
- Mrs. Kemi Adeosun Minister of Finance.
- Mrs. Winifred E. Oyo – Ita Head of the Civil Service of the Federation.
- Dr. Roy Ugo – Permanent Secretary, General Services Office, Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation
Representing the state governors are:
- Governor Rauf Aregbesola – Osun State (South West)
- Governor Rochas Okorocha – Imo State (South-East)
- Governor Ibrahim Hassan Dankwambo – Gombe State (South East)
- Governor Nyesom Wike – Rivers State (South-South)
- Governor Simon Lalong – Plateau State (North Centrall)
- Governor Abubakar Atiku Bagudu – Kebbi State (North West);
Ashishana B. Okauru, Esq., Director General (DG,) Nigerian Governors Forum will serve as observer.
- Comrade Ayuba Wabba, the President, Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC).
- Peters Adeyemi – NLC.
- Kiri Mohammed – NLC.
- Amechi Asugwuni – NLC.
- Dr. Peter Ozo-Eson –NLC.
- Comrade Bobboi Bala Kaigama – President, Trade Union Congress TUC).
- Sunday Olusoji Salako TUC.
- Alade Bashir Lawal TUC.
- Igwe Achese, the President, Nigeria Union of Petroleum and Natural Gas Workers (NUPENG)
- Mr. Olusegun Oshinowo – Director General, Nigeria Employers’ Consultative Association (NECA).
- Timothy Olawale – NECA.
- Chuma Nwankwo – NECA.
- Mrs. Olubunmi Adekoje – Director General, Federation of Construction Industry (FOCI).
- Alhaji Ahmed Ladan Gobir Chairman, Kaduna East Branch, Manufacturers’ Association (MAN).
- Otunba Francis Oluwagbenro – MAN.
- Hajia Muheeba Dankaka, President, Kano Chambers of Commerce, Industry, Mines and Agriculture representing (NACCIMA).
- Prince Degun Agboade President, Nigeria Association of Small and Medium Enterprises (NASME) .