Ijeoma is a Partner in Templars law firm’s corporate and commercial practice group.
With a law degree from the University of Ibadan, Ijeoma has established herself as a lawyer in the fields of immigration, foreign investments, corporate governance and labour and employment.
At her current position, she advises clients on Nigerian law and policy affecting the operation of businesses, the establishment of foreign businesses, foreign investments in Nigeria, company/business laws and regulations. She also provides corporate governance and compliance advice to clients in connection with local and international transactions.
Some of the transactions she has worked on include;
- Advising Exxon Mobil Nigeria on laws applicable to its operations in Nigeria and all regulations associated or issued by appropriate government agencies arising out of the laws.
- Advising General Electric’s Nigerian subsidiaries on regulatory compliance relating to company law and regulations in Nigeria.
- Advising Bechtel Corporation on labour and immigration related issues arising out of its dual role as project management contractor as well as engineering, procurement and construction contractor on the Brass LNG project. Advice also included the drafting and negotiation of a Project Labour Agreement.
- Advised Credit Suisse on the extent and the limits of Nigerian law in relation to a foreign company intending to engage in activities in Nigeria.
- Advised Hutchinson Ports Holding (HPH), the largest Port Operator in the world, on its negotiations with the Nigerian National Council of Privatization in relation to HPH’s proposed acquisition of operatorship rights in the Apapa Container Terminal in Lagos, Nigeria.
- Advised Alexander Forbes, a leading international provider of financial and risk services, on the setting up of a Pension scheme in Nigeria.
Ijeoma is a member of the Chartered Institute of Secretaries and Administration also has a Certificate of Advanced Leadership from Havard Law School. She has several published papers in her name.
In her spare time, she’s interested in Nigerian politics,cooking and she speaks English, Yoruba and Igbo fluently.