- A delegation of 50 heads of French companies is expected to visit Nigeria this week to explore business opportunities and establish bilateral links in the country, the French Embassy said on Friday.
- According to a statement from Georges Vanin, First Counsellor, Political Affairs and Communication, Embassy of France, said the business delegation was the first of its kind from France to any African country.
The statement said the delegation was organised by the Movement of the Enterprises of France (MEDEF), France’s leading network of entrepreneurs and the largest employer federation with 800,000 member firms.
- The French companies on the delegation include those in the sectors such as building, transportation, environment, energy and sustainable cities.
- According to Mr Pierre Gattaz, President of MEDEF, Nigeria is a land of investments and development for French businesses.
“Nigeria is a land of investments and development for French companies. Africa is our new frontier.“We are friends and have much to gain by building strong, confident and sustainable business relationships.“Although France has much to contribute to Africa, but Africa has so much to bring to France,” Gattaz said.
- The statement also said Gattaz would lead the delegation to meet President Muhammadu Buhari on October 5 before meeting with the business communities.