- The Committee on Establishment of National Carrier has submitted its report to the Permanent Secretary, Federal Ministry of Aviation, Hajiya Binta Bello on Friday in Abuja.
- The Committee was inaugurated on Aug. 25 in Abuja, and was given a four weeks deadline to complete its assignment.
- The Chairman of the Committee, Mr Abdulsalami Mohammed, said the team consulted widely before coming up with the report.
He added that “we consulted with a total of 74 stakeholders, ranging from airline operators to aviation agencies, service providers, financial consultants, institutional investors, aircraft and parts suppliers and former staff of Nigeria Airways Limited before coming up with this report.’’
- In her remarks, Hajiya Bello said that the Committee was inaugurated based on the directive of President Muhammadu Buhari to advice government appropriately on how to go about the establishment of a national carrier.
- On when the national carrier would come on board, she said “the report has just been submitted to me and I have not even opened it.
“Until I open the report and see the recommendations, I may not be able to say this is exactly what we are going to come up with.’’