- President Muhammadu Buhari has fired the Chairman of the Federal Capital Territory Internal Revenue Service.
- He has also approved the sacking of the Chairmen, Secondary Education and Universal Basic Education Boards with immediate effect.
- This was contained in a letter with reference no. SGF.19/S.81/T1/97 sent to the FCT Permanent Secretary, John Chukwu, on Wednesday by the Secretary to the Federal Government.
- A statement by the FCT Deputy Director, Press, Mohammed Sule, on Thursday in Abuja quoted the letter as directing the affected chairmen to comply with the Federal Government directive on the dissolution of the governing boards of parastatals, agencies, institutions and government-owned companies.
According to the letter, “The Federal Government’s directive as contained in Circular Ref. No. SGF.19/S.81/XIX/964 on the dissolution of the Governing Boards of the Federal Government Parastatals, Agencies, Institutions and Government-owned companies remains extant.”
It noted that the directive applied to all the boards of the Federal Capital Territory parastatals, agencies, institutions and government-owned companies.
In view of this directive, the FCT Permanent Secretary has directed the former Chairman of the FCT IRS to hand over all duties and responsibilities of his office as well as government belongings in his possession to the Director of Treasury, FCT, while the Chairmen of the Secondary Education Board and Universal Basic Education Board should hand over all duties and responsibilities of their offices as well as government belongings in their possession to the Directors/Secretaries of SEB and UBEB respectively,” the statement said.
- The FCT Administration expressed its appreciation to the officials for their contributions to the development of the Federal Capital Territory and wished them success in their future endevours.