- The Senate was told Tuesday that a total of N2.74 trillion has been invested in the country’s power sector from 1999 to date.
- The Senate was also told that for nineteen years before 1999, no single engineer was employed for the power sector, just as no new power plant was put in place from 1991 to 1999.
- The investments were made during the era of Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, late President Umaru Yar’Adua and the immediate past president, Goodluck Jonathan.
- The Senators were also told that Nigeria has not had a consistent manner in investment from the government from 1999.
- The Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Power, Ambassador Godknows Igali and the Managing Director of the Niger Delta Power Holding Company, Mr. James Olotu disclosed these yesterday before the Senate adhoc committee probing the power sector from 1999 till date.
- The Committee has Senator Abubakar Kyari, APC, Borno North as Chairman.
- The public hearing of the committee still ongoing at the Senate.
More Details Later…