- Vice President Yemi Osinbajo has said all actions so far taken by government are geared towards ensuring that Nigeria takes its proper place in the comity of nations.
- He said the party was determined to ensure that the country emerged a major player in international affairs.
- Osinbajo, speaking in Jos on Monday, explained that to achieve this, the administration of President Muhammadu Buhari was planning to implement desirable changes that would not only bring greater transparency and accountability in the process of governance, but also promote inclusiveness in the pursuit of programmes that would benefit Nigerians.
- Addressing participants at the National Institute for Policy and Strategic Studies, Kuru near Jos at the opening ceremony of a workshop on ‘The Scenario Planning for National Change’, organised by NIPSS in collaboration with a South African firm, REOS, Osinbajo said the government was focused on revamping the country’s economy.
- The vice president, who was represented by the Head of Service of the Federation, Mr. Danladi Kifasi, acknowledged that the theme of the workshop was timely.
He said, “Scenario planning can help chart a common course, bring different people together to think about common social challenges in creative ways.
“Government believes strongly in the efficacy of scenario planning. The workshop, coming at a very auspicious time in our national life, when accelerating the quest for rapid socio-economic transformation is palpable, we must articulate and implement desirable changes that will not only bring transparency and accountability into the process of governance, but also promote inclusiveness in pursuit of programmes that are of benefit to all Nigerians.
Our focus is to quickly revamp the economy and rebuild the country by galvanising our collective energy towards a common purpose. Scenario planning is one of the tools that can bring different people together to think about their high-risk but common social challenges in creative ways.”