- The Presidential Amnesty Programme (PAP) has initiated communication with the Central Bank of Nigeria and security agencies to review the payment process for former agitators in the Niger Delta.
- Brig.-Gen. Paul Boroh (retired), the Special Adviser to the President on Niger Delta and Coordinator of the programme, dropped the hint in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Thursday in Abuja.
- Boroh expressed displeasure over reports of complicity of some banks in the alleged short-changing of some of the beneficiaries by their leaders.
- NAN reports that the payment of the outstanding stipends to the ex-agitators had been trailed by allegations of fraud.
- According to some of the former agitators, the amount paid to them was less than the N65,000 per month that they were entitled to.