- In compliance with President Muhammadu Buhari’s directive on the establishment and operation of Treasury Single Account for e-collection of government receipts for all federal Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs), a new account name and number for the Central Bank of Nigeria has been released to the affected MDAs.
- In a circular dated August 7, with reference number HCSF/428/S.1/120, the Head of Service of the Federation, Danladi Kifasi, said compliance takes effect from the date of the circular.
- The details include an Account Name: Accountant General (Federal Sub-Treasury), Account No. 3000002095.
- He said the development is to aid transparency and facilitate compliance with Sections 80 and 162 of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria 1999 (as amended).
- The Head of Service said government has put in place effective monitoring mechanisms to ensure strict compliance with the new accounting guideline.
“All Accounting Officers, Directors of Finance and Accounts, Directors of Internal Audit, Heads of Accounts and Heads of Internal Audit Units of MDAs and other arms of government are enjoined to give this circular the widest circulation and ensure strict compliance to avoid sanctions,” he warned.
- According to Kifasi, MDAs are grouped into eight categories, namely, MDAs fully funded through the Federal Government Budget and include all Ministries, Departments, Agencies and Foreign Missions.
- In this category, all collections from these agencies are to be paid directly into the TSA (e-Collection) and expenditure to be drawn from Consolidated Revenue Fund (CRF) based on Annual Budget.
Source: The Sun