- The Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA) has given approval to the recent cargo tariff increase being implemented by the Nigerian Aviation Handling Company Plc (NAHCO AVIANCE), the company said.
- NAHCO and clearing agents under the aegis of the Association of Nigeria Licensed Customs Agents (ANLCA) and the National Association of Government Approved Freight Forwarders (NAGAFF) had agreed to a 20 per cent tariff increment in May. The increment had since taken effect.
- According to the company, although the official approval by the NCAA was just now being made public, it is a sign of endorsement of the processes embarked upon by the ground handling company in reviewing its tariffs.
- While commending NAHCO for embarking on wide consultation with all stakeholders before embarking on the tariff increase, NCAA stated further that
“it wishes to advise that NAHCO AVIANCE should continue to ensure adequate consultations with the stakeholders in line with the laid down guidelines and regulations guiding review or introduction of any charge.”
- The MD/CEO, NAHCO AVIANCE, Mr. Norbert Bielderman said at the meeting that what happened was in the best spirit of give and take. He thanked everyone involved in the negotiations for their maturity while particularly thanking the ANCLA representatives for their professionalism.