Speaking on the enrollment process, Managing Director of Nigeria Interbank Settlement System (NIBSS), who doubles as Head, BVN Project Management team, Mr. Ade Shonubi said:
“The enrolment process is simple and easy.
1. A bank customer will be required to walk into any of the selected bank branches;
2. fill and submit the BVN enrolment form; present self for data capturing (such as fingerprint, facial image, and others).
3. Thereafter, an acknowledgment slip with the transaction identity (ID) will be issued to the individual.
4. Within 24hours the system confirms the enrollment and a unique BVN is generated. The customer will immediately receive a short message service (SMS) notification with the BVN.”
5. This enrollment process is done only once and your BVN will be linked to all your Bank accounts across Nigeria Banks.
Customers of banks will be required to enroll within a fixed period after which they shall no longer be able to operate their bank accounts.
Follow the link below more about BVN.