[B-O-O-M] Naira depreciates to N230 to $1
- The Naira fell to N230 on Wednesday in the parallel market as importers scrambled to source for forex lifeline to save their business.
- The Naira was N228 on Tuesday and N220 just a week ago thus depreciating by 4.5% in just one week.
- The depreciation is likely to continue as more importers scramble to secure enough forex for their next imports to avoid being run out of business
- The naira was trading at 198.95 to the dollar on the interbank market on Wednesday.
- The central bank lowered its exchange rate peg to 196.95 to the dollar on Tuesday from 196.90 last week.
« “Bring Nairas, Buy Apple,’ Lagos Stock Exchange Tells Nigerians Previous Post
[Penny Stocks] Why I’m buying McNichols shares » Next Post
Nairametrics is Nigeria's top business news and financial analysis website. We focus on providing resources that help small businesses and retail investors make better investing decisions. Nairametrics is updated daily by a team of professionals. Post updated as "Nairametrics" are published by our Editorial Board.