The most anticipated gathering of players in the fintech ecosystem in Nigeria and Africa – the 5th edition of Nigeria Fintech Week scheduled to hold in Lagos and online from October 25 to 29, 2021 with the theme – “Sustainability and Ecosystem Building”, would be looking to host about a million attendees across multiple locations in Nigeria and online, from more than 60 countries globally.
The pedigree of the event and its impacts on ecosystem building has made it a bride of global brands like AfDB, IMF, Afrexim, Visa, Microsoft, Access Bank, Zenith Bank, Ecobank, 9mobile, Flourish, , Oracle, Infobip, etc.
Key Outcomes of 2020 Edition
- 56 countries from all continents, more than 5200 registered attendees
- Collaboration– Establishment of Reguvators Forum – A Forum that brings representatives of regulatory agencies and fintechs together to foster engagement, interaction, collaboration and co-creation of solutions to equilibrate innovation and regulation.
- Industry Data – Nigeria Fintech Census – A project done by EY and FintechNGR in response to the demand for critical data on Fintech in Nigeria.
- Talent Development – DigiStuds – A digital academy project commissioned to equip 500,000 graduates, undergraduates and lecturers with hands-on digital education and know-how to prepare them for the future of work and establishment of digital businesses as “Digipreneurs”.
Objectives of NFW 2021
- Advance elements and solutions for sustaining the fintech growth and impact
- Showcase new technologies and promote strategies for domesticating them to solve national critical challenges
- Spotlight the crucial ingredients of ecosystem building such as effective collaboration, level of government, regulatory, infrastructural and investment supports
Strategic Focus of 2021 Edition
- Regulatory Parley – created to enable participants to engage Fintech Regulators in Nigeria
- Ecosystem Day – created to explore the level of adoption of emerging technology in edtech, agritech, healthtech, regtech etc from selected ecosystems, to also learn what works and what doesn’t in this regard
- Femtech – created to x-ray the emergence of more females as CEOs of global brands in Nigeria such as GTBank, Citi Bank, Branch, EFiNA etc and promote thoughts on multiplying the numbers
- Investment – created to feature the CEOs of global funding organisations who have invested in Flutterwave, Paystack, oPay etc to understand why they invest and what would make them invest more
- Talents – Day 1 is entirely dedicated to TechSpark – a programme that aims to deep-dive into IT/Fintech Talent Developments, expose students to employment nuggets and stimulate appetite for innovation
- Partnership – keynote addresses, speaking, product launches, brand promotion etc
- Showcases – opportunities to showcase unique solutions in payments, emerging sectors like edtech, agritech, ecommerce, transport etc
- Participation – open to all at no costs, thanks to our sponsors