At the end of today’s trading session, the Nigerian Exchange market closed flat amidst sell-offs and buy-interests as the benchmark All-Share Index (ASI) depreciated by 0.4 basis points, while the market capitalization decreased by N774 million. The NGX ASI closed at 39,251.29 points, to reflect a loss of 0.004% from the previous trading day.
At the close of market today, Tuesday 7th of September 2021, the stock exchange market value currently stands at N20.450 trillion from N20.449 trillion in the previous trading day. Its Year-to-Date (YTD) return, however, is currently settled at –2.53%.
The market breadth closed negative as UCAP led 15 Gainers, and 21 Losers topped by CORNERSTONE at the end of today’s session.
The stock market has declined –1,019.43 basepoints since the start of the year.
NGX ASI Top gainers
- UCAP up +8.00% to close at N8.10
- INTBREW up +7.53% to close at N5.00
- HONYFLOUR up +6.67% to close at N4.00
- OANDO up +6.02% to close at N4.40
- AFRIPRUD up +5.79% to close at N6.40
NGX ASI Top losers
- CORNERST down –8.77% to close at N0.52
- UNIVINSURE down –4.76% to close at N0.20
- ETI down –4.55% to close at N5.25
- NEM down –4.50% to close at N1.91
- UACN down –4.09% to close at N10.55
NGX ASI Top Traded by Volume
- FBNH – 92,289,939.00 units
- ACCESS – 75,685,723.00 units
- UNIVINSURE – 25,239,599.00 units
- UBA – 18,385,972.00 units
- ZENITHBANK – 14,304,122.00 units
NGX ASI Top Traded by Value
- ACCESS – N711,908,660.15
- FBNH – N687,727,256.65
- ZENITHBANK – N346,431,867.40
- SEPLAT – N199,504,199.10
- UBA – N138,641,925.70
Market sentiments trend towards the bears with the market differential being in favour of the decliners as 15 gainers were surpassed by 21 losers.