At the end of today’s trading session, the Nigerian Exchange market closed flat amidst sell-offs and buy-interests as the benchmark All Share Index (ASI) depreciated by 3 basis points, while the market capitalization decreased by N5.84 billion. The NGX ASI closed at 39,249.80 points, to reflect a loss of 0.03% from the previous trading day.
At the close of market today, Monday 6th of September 2021, the stock exchange market value currently stands at N20.45 trillion from N20.46 trillion in the previous trading day. Its Year-to-Date (YTD) return however, is currently settled at –2.54%.
The market breadth closed positive as LINKASSURE led 21 Gainers, and 15 Losers topped by GLAXOSMITH at the end of today’s session.
The stock market has declined –1,020.92 basepoints since the start of the year.
NGX ASI Top gainers
- LINKASSURE up +8.93% to close at N0.61
- FTNCOCOA up +8.89% to close at N0.49
- MBENEFIT up +7.14% to close at N0.30
- ETI up +5.77% to close at N5.50
- UNIVINSURE up +5.00% to close at N0.21
NGX ASI Top losers
- GLAXOSMITH down –9.56% to close at N6.15
- CHIPLC down –8.62% to close at N0.53
- SOVRENINS down –7.69% to close at N0.24
- MAYBAKER down –6.67% to close at N4.48
- UPL down –6.03% to close at N1.09
NGX ASI Top Traded by Volume
- ACCESS – 30,521,056.00 units
- MBENEFIT – 26,826,903.00 units
- SOVRENINS – 21,376,867.00 units
- UNIVINSURE – 12,945,114.00 units
- HONYFLOUR – 12,917,348.00 units
NGX ASI Top Traded by Value
- ACCESS – N282,144,628.40
- ZENITHBANK – N180,218,776.80
- STANBIC – N151,819,984.30
- OKOMUOIL – N94,953,631.10
- UCAP – N69,890,503.88
Market sentiments trend towards the bears despite the market differential is in favour of the advancers as 15 losers were surpassed by 21 gainers.