At the end of today’s trading session, the Nigerian Exchange market closed positive amidst sell-offs and buy-interests as the benchmark All-Share Index (ASI) appreciated by 17 basis points, while the market capitalization increased by N35.44 billion. The NGX ASI closed at 39,252.19 points, to reflect a gain of 0.17% from the previous trading day.
At the close of market today, Thursday 2nd of September 2021, the stock exchange market value currently stands at N20.45 trillion from N20.42 trillion in the previous trading day. Its Year-to-Date (YTD) return, however, is currently settled at –2.53%.
The market breadth closed negative as CHAMS led 16 Gainers, and 18 Losers topped by UNITY BANK at the end of today’s session.
The stock market has declined –1,018.53 basepoints since the start of the year.
NGX ASI Top gainers
- CHAMS up +4.76% to close at N0.22
- PRESTIGE up +4.35% to close at N0.48
- WEMABANK up +3.66% to close at N0.85
- MANSARD up +3.49% to close at N0.89
- JBERGER up +2.97% to close at N26.00
NGX ASI Top losers
- UNITY down –8.62% to close at N0.53
- OANDO down –7.03% to close at N4.10
- UBN down –6.54% to close at N5.00
- FTNCOCOA down –5.77% to close at N0.49
- HONYFLOUR down –4.88% to close at N3.90
NGX ASI Top Traded by Volume
- ACCESS – 51,072,639.00 units
- TRANSCORP – 36,094,729.00 units
- HONYFLOUR – 18,635,309.00 units
- MBENEFIT – 17,679,664.00 units
- SOVRENINS – 16,801,150.00 units
NGX ASI Top Traded by Value
- ACCESS – N471,191,176.80
- ZENITHBANK – N329,092,289.15
- GTCO – N179,347,070.30
- DANGCEM – N171,861,106.10
- MTNN – N97,641,624.30
Market sentiments trend towards the bulls despite the market differential is in favor of the decliners as 16 gainers were surpassed by 18 losers.