At the end of today’s trading session, the Nigerian Exchange market closed negative amidst sell-offs and buy-interests as the benchmark All-Share Index (ASI) depreciated by 9 basis points, while the market capitalization decreased by N18.46 billion.
The NGX ASI closed at 39,184.18 points, to reflect a loss of 0.09% from the previous trading day.
At the close of market today, Wednesday 1st of September 2021, the stock exchange market value currently stands at N20.42 trillion from N20.43 trillion in the previous trading day. Its Year-to-Date (YTD) return, however, is currently settled at –2.70%.
The market breadth closed negative as AIICO led 9 Gainers, and 17 Losers topped by FTNCOCOA at the end of today’s session.
The stock market has declined –1,086.54 basepoints since the start of the year.
NGX ASI Top gainers
- AIICO up +4.04% to close at N1.03
- CUSTODIAN up +3.15% to close at N6.55
- FIDSON up +2.80% to close at N6.25
- FIDELITY up +2.55% to close at N2.41
- LIVESTOCK up +0.95% to close at N2.13
NGX ASI Top losers
- FTNCOOA down –8.77% to close at N0.52
- MORISON down –5.42% to close at N1.92
- UPDC down –4.84% to close at N1.77
- JAIZBANK down –4.76% to close at N0.60
- WEMABANK down –4.65% to close at N0.82
NGX ASI Top Traded by Volume
- TRANSCORP – 28,537,095.00 units
- ZENITHBANK – 16,591,605.00 units
- HONYFLOUR – 13,233,567.00 units
- UPDC – 12,797,872.00 units
- MBENEFIT – 8,322,356.00 units
NGX ASI Top Traded by Value
- ZENITHBANK – N398,197,409.10
- SEPLAT – N128,781,298.80
- GTCO – N111,267,590.40
- MTNN – N104,008,078.70
- NB – N103,378,487.35
Market sentiments trend towards the bears as the market differential remained in favour of the decliners as 9 gainers were surpassed by 17 losers.