At the end of today’s trading session, the Nigerian Exchange market closed positive amidst sell-offs and buy-interests as the benchmark All-Share Index (ASI) appreciated by 7 basis points, while the market capitalization increased by N13.54 billion. The NGX ASI closed at 39,460.68 points, to reflect a gain of 0.07% from the previous trading day.
At the close of the market today, Tuesday 24th August 2021, the stock exchange market value currently stands at N20.56 trillion from N20.55 trillion on the previous day. Its Year-to-Date (YTD) return, however, is currently settled at –2.01%.
The market breadth closed negative as MORISON led 17 Gainers, and 18 Losers topped by FTNCOCOA at the end of today’s session.
The stock market has declined –810.04 basepoints since the start of the year.
NGX ASI Top gainers
- MORISON up +10.00% to close at N1.54
- FTNCOCOA up +9.52% to close at N0.46
- TRIPPLEG up +9.09% to close at N0.96
- CHIPLC up +8.51% to close at N0.51
- JAIZBANK up +6.90% to close at N0.62
NGX ASI Top losers
- FTNCOCOA down –9.09% to close at N0.40
- COURTVILLE down –8.82% to close at N0.31
- SOVRENINS down –8.00% to close at N0.23
- UACN down –6.55% to close at N10.70
- MULTIVERSE down –4.76% to close at N0.20
NGX ASI Top Traded by Volume
- COURTVILLE – 22,446,298.00 units
- SOVRENINS – 21,313,748.00 units
- WEMABANK – 16,943,953.00 units
- UBA – 15,537,707.00 units
- FBNH – 10,837,557.00 units
NGX ASI Top Traded by Value
- SEPLAT – N289,648,546.60
- ZENITHBANK – N167,559,939.70
- GTCO – N131,967,518.60
- UBA – N116,943,972.45
- FBNH – N80,631,185.70
Market sentiments trend towards the bulls despite the market differential being in favour of the decliners as 17 gainers were surpassed by 18 losers.