At the end of today’s trading session, the Nigerian Exchange market closed negative amidst sell-offs and buy-interests as the benchmark All-Share Index (ASI) depreciated by 12 basis points, while the market capitalization decreased by N25.21 billion. The NGX ASI closed at 39,434.69 points, to reflect a loss of 0.12% from the previous trading day.
At the close of the market today, Monday 23rd August 2021, the stock exchange market value currently stands at N20.55 trillion from N20.57 trillion in the previous day. Its Year-to-Date (YTD) return, however, is currently settled at –2.03%.
The market breadth closed positive as FTNCOCOA led 21 Gainers, and 11 Losers topped by WAPCO at the end of today’s session.
The stock market has declined –836.03 basepoints since the start of the year.
NGX ASI Top gainers
- FTNCOCOA up +10.00% to close at N1.87
- PHARMDEKO up +9.88% to close at N2.97
- TRANSCORP up +9.69% to close at N2.98
- COURTVILLE up +9.68% to close at N11.10
- LERANAFRI up +9.30% to close at N1.57
NGX ASI Top losers
- WAPCO down –5.29% to close at N21.50
- PZ down –4.17% to close at N5.75
- UBN down –3.81% to close at N5.05
- ETERNA down –2.36% to close at N6.20
- FCMB down –2.27% to close at N3.02
NGX ASI Top Traded by Volume
- CHAMS – 47,952,868.00 units
- GTCO – 20,935,528.00 units
- HONYFLOUR – 14,553,513.00 units
- COURTVILLE – 13,022,557.00 units
- WEMABANK – 10,340,430.00 units
NGX ASI Top Traded by Value
- GTCO – N586,122,750.50
- NESTLE – N418,173,955.00
- MTNN – N198,040,620.30
- ZENITHBANK – N136,018,569.35
- WAPCO – N104,918,736.25
Market sentiments trend towards the bulls as the market differential is in favour of the advancers as 11 losers were surpassed by 21 gainers.