The Federal Government said it has shortlisted about 550,000 applicants out of 1.8 million Batch C applicants for the final stage of the N-Power Programme.
This follows the launching of the National Social Investment Management System (NASIMS) for the Batch C applicants on March 11, 2021.
This disclosure was made by the Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development, Hajiya Sadiya Umar Farouq, at a press briefing on Tuesday, in Abuja.
Farouq said the applicants were requested to update their personal information and subsequently, take an online test via the NASIMS portal.
What the Minister is saying
Farouq, in her statement, said, “By the third week of May 2021, over 1.8 million Nigerians successfully updated their records and took the compulsory online test.
Further screening was undertaken and a short-list of 550,000 applicants qualified for the final selection to engage 500,000 nationwide to serve as the first stream of the N-Power Batch C programme.
This is the Batch C 1. The second batch of another 500,000 will subsequently be made in line with Mr President’s directive to engage 1,000,000 beneficiaries under Batch C.
News continues after this ad
The 550,000 short-listed applicants are being individually contacted via their e-mail addresses provided and are first advised to check and then immediately log on to the NASIMS self-service portal and enrol their biometric data to qualify for final selection,” she said.
The Minister asked the selected applicants to call the dedicated NASIMS, N-Power helplines on 0188883410 or 08176551162 or send an email to email@example.com for further enquiries on their application status and any other question they might have.
What you should know
The N-Power scheme, which was set up by President Muhammadu Buhari on June 8, 2016, was created as a component of the National Social Investment Programme, to provide a structure for large scale and relevant work skills acquisition and development, and to ensure that each participant would learn and practise most of what is necessary to find or create work.
The Federal Government had, in March 2021, commenced the selection process for successful individuals who applied to be employed under the N-Power Batch C scheme.
Also, the government had earlier announced plans to expand the N-Power programme from the present 500,000 beneficiaries to one million. This is to ensure job creation and poverty alleviation through safety net programmes to cushion the effects of the Covid-19 pandemic.