Nigerian bourse ended Monday’s trading session on a bearish note. The All Share index dropped by 0.21% to close at 35,064.36 points as against the 0.48% gain recorded last Friday. Its Year-to-Date (YTD) gains presently stands at +30.63%.
- Nigerian trading turnover, however, rallied up as volume ticked up by +10.74% as against +1.20% uptick recorded at the last trading session. UBA, FBNH, and ACCESS were the most active to boost market turnover.
- The market breadth closed positive as LIVESTOCK led 17 Gainers as against 15 Losers topped by TRANSCOHOT at the end of today’s session – an improved performance when compared with the previous outlook.
- NPFMCRFBK leads the list of active stocks that recorded an impressive volume spike at the end of today’s session.
- MOBIL up 9.20% to close at N228
- AIRTELAFRI up 8.75% to close at N640
- CILEASING up 7.17% to close at N4.78
- ARDOVA up 3.21% to close at N14.45
- ZENITHBANK up 1.70% to close at N23.95
- DANGCEM down 2.93% to close at N199
- DANGSUGAR down 2.56% to close at N19
- UACN down 2.05% to close at N7.15
- GUARANTY down 1.04% to close at N33.25
- GUINNESS down 0.56% to close at N17.9
Nigerian Stocks started the first trading session on a negative note amid falling oil prices prevailing at the U.S trading session.
- Buying pressure from blue-chip stocks, particularly Airtel Africa, couldn’t aid Nigerian Stocks bulls amid significant sell-offs seen in some notable NSE30 stocks like GTBank, Dangote Cement, Guinness.
- Nairametrics expects you seek the advice of a certified stockbroker or financial advisor in choosing stocks to buy, as some Nigerian stocks exhibit cyclic returns.
Bullish dominance in the NGX Banking Index
The NGX Banking Index made a bullish recovery at the end of yesterday’s trading session with an increase of +1.11%, pushing the index points to 354.25.
The NGX Banking Index made a bullish recovery at the end of yesterday’s trading session with an increase of +1.11%, pushing the index points to 354.25. There were 5 profits opposing 5 losses, but the magnitude of the gainers pushed the Banking Index into the green.
Union Bank led the gainers with a profit of +0.45, pushing its price upwards from N4.95 to N5.40.
Zenith Bank came second amongst the gainers with a profit of +1.14%, posting N22.20 from the previous day’s close of N21.95.
Guaranty Trust Bank also closed in profits with an increase of +0.86%, leaving its price at N29.40 from its previous price of N29.00. Sterling Bank was also part of the gainers with a profit of +0.63% putting its price at N1.60 from its previous close of N1.58.
Access Bank made profits of 0.62%, pushing its prices to N8.15 from N8.10.
Wema Bank was the biggest loser at the end of yesterday’s trading session as it made losses of -4.92%, leaving its price at N0.58 from N0.61.
Jaiz Bank also made losses of -3.23%, pushing its closing price to N0.63 from N0.62 obtained the previous day.
Ecobank joined the losers, posting a loss of -1.89% which put its price at N5.20 from its previous price of N5.30.
Fidelity Bank followed with a loss of -0.90%, putting its price at N2.24 from N2.22. UBA also posted a loss of -0.69%, pushing its price from N7.25 to N7.20.
- Market sentiment tends bullish as the magnitude of gainers outweighed the losers despite the 5 gainers and 5 losers held at the end of the trading session.
- Nairametrics advises cautious buying amid growing uncertainties.
Union Bank, LINKASSURE push NGX ASI into recovery
The market breadth closed positive with the bulls as LINKASSURE led 25 Gainers, and 16 Losers topped by NEM.
Nigerian stock exchange market made a bullish recovery on the last day of the week’s trading session. This surge was bolstered by gains made by UBN and LINKASSURE amongst others. The All-Share Index increased by +0.21% to close at 39,198.75 from 39,114.73.
- Nigerian Stock Exchange market value currently stands at N20.48 trillion. Its Year-to-Date (YTD) returns currently stand at -2.66%.
- The market breadth closed positive with the bulls as LINKASSURE led 25 Gainers, and 16 Losers topped by NEM, showing a hint of consolation.
- LINKASSURE up +9.25% to close at N0.69
- JOHNHOLT up +9.26% to close at N59
- UBN up +9.09% to close at N5.40
- ROYALEX up +8.33% to close at N0.65
- CHIPLC up +8.33% to close at N0.39
- NEM down -9.50% to close at N1.81
- COURTVILLE down -9.09% to close at N0.20
- SUNUASSUR down -8.47% to close at N0.54
- INITSPLC down -6.98% to close at N0.40
- ETERNA down -6.89% to close at N5.81
The market recovered from a week-long loss as it posts profit at the end of the trading session.
- Market sentiments tend toward bullish momentum as the NGX ASI closes with 25 Gainers and 16 losers.
- Nairametrics however, advises cautious buying in this era of growing uncertainties.
Nairametrics | Company Earnings
Access our Live Feed portal for the latest company earnings as they drop.
- Okomu Oil proposes dividend worth N6.7 billion for shareholders.
- Ardova Plc confirms appointment of Oladeinde Nelson-Cole as secretary.
- Cadbury Nigeria Plc set to hold 56th Annual General Meeting (AGM) on June 16.
- FCMB Group Plc appoints Muibat Ijaiya as Director.
- Afromedia Plc reports a loss after tax of N27.3 million in Q1 2021.