Telco giant, MTN Nigeria has appointed Funso Aina as its new Senior Manager, External Relations.
Aina joined MTN Nigeria in January 2009, and until his latest appointment, he was the company’s Public Relations Manager where he had oversight responsibility for MTN’s reputation/perception management; stakeholder management; media relations and PR leveraging for all activities; corporate sponsorships and events management.
Aina holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in History (University of Ilorin, 1992) and a Masters degree in International Relations from the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife (1998). He is an Associate of the Nigerian Institute of Public Relations (NIPR). Prior to joining MTN, Aina was the Communications Manager of British Council, UK’s international organisation for educational opportunities and cultural relations.
Before then, he was at different times, Punch newspapers’ Chief Correspondent in Aso Rock (Presidential Villa), Abuja; Foreign Affairs Correspondent and a member of the newspaper’s Editorial Board. He has over 22 years of work experience in journalism, cultural diplomacy and telecommunications.
The MTN Group had released its 2018 Q3 financial result for the period ended 30th September 2018. The group reported a 1.1 per cent rise in quarterly user base helped partly by strong performances in Nigeria, its largest but increasingly problematic market.
- The Group said its user base increased by 2.5 million subscribers to 225.4 million users.
- The Group Mobile money customers grew by 1.7 million to 25.8 million users.
- The Group active data subscribers increased Quarter on Quarter by 5.0 million to 74.2 million.
- Group service revenue increased year-on-year (YoY) by 10.0%.
- Group data revenue increased Year on Year by 23.9%.