The board of Japaul Oil Plc has approved the appointment of new executive directors.
In a notice signed by the company’s Legal and Corporate Affairs Manager, Tolulope Babalola, gave the names of the new directors as Hon. Abdulkadir Mamman Nasir as a Non-Executive Director, Mr.Kingsley Uyokpeyi as Acting Executive Director, Operations, and Mrs. Funmi Omodamori as Acting Executive Director, Finance & Planning.
Profile of Hon. Abdulkadir Mamman Nasir
- Nasir is a graduate of Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, he also has a PGDM from Bayero University, Kano.
- He was a member of the board of directors, Katsina State Transport Authority and member, Board of Directors, Newsprint Manufacturing Company, Akwa Ibom State, between 2000-2003.
- He is an Associate Member, Institute of treasury management and financial accountants.
Profile of Engr. Kingsley Uyokpeyi
- He holds a degree in Civil Engineering and a Masters in Business Administration and Masters of Science in Management.
- He is also a corporate member of Nigerian Society of Engineers and also COREN registered.
- He joined Japaul in 2014 as a project manager and grew through the ranks and has about 20 years experience in handling various projects in different aspects of the civil engineering profession.
Profile of Mrs. Funmi Omodamori
- She holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting from the University of Lagos and a Master’s Degree in Business Administration from Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife.
- She is a fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria. She is also an associate member of the chartered institute of Taxation.
- Prior to joining Japaul, she was the Head of Internal Audit & Control at Multi-Trex Integrated Foods Plc.
- Consultancy Lead at Gbenga Adeoye & co from January 2008 till November 2012.
- Prior to her new appointment, she was the acting Chief financial officer.
Recall that the Japaul oil and gas recently announced it had pulled out of the equity financing facility of $350 million with Milost Global Inc
The company had earlier entered into an agreement with Milost for a $350 million financing facility under the Mesa Fund 1, a global opportunity fund that is managed by Milost Global Inc.
Japaul Oil & Maritime Services Plc was first incorporated in 1994 as a private limited liability company with an authorised and paid up Share Capital of ₦1,000,000 divided into 1,000,000 Ordinary Shares of ₦1 each. The company commenced active business operations in 1997 and is listed on the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE).
Japaul Oil shares price is currently traded ₦0.45 as of today on the floor of the stock exchange and its 1-year return is down by 10%.