President Muhammadu Buhari has approved the nomination of Mr. Folashodun Adebisi Shonubi as Deputy Governor at the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN).
The appointment is subject to confirmation by the Senate.
Malam Garba Shehu, the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, made this known in a statement in Abuja.
Shonubi is currently the Managing Director of the Nigeria Inter-Bank Settlement System Plc (NIBSS)
Profile of the new Deputy Governor
- Shonubi holds double Masters Degrees in Business Administration and Mechanical Engineering, from the University of Lagos.
- He was Executive Director, Information Technology, and Operations at Union Bank of Nigeria Plc, a member of the Board of Union Homes.
- Director, Information Technology and Corporate Services in Renaissance Securities Nigeria limited.
- He also had a stint with Citibank Nigeria Limited as its Head, Treasury Operations (1990-1993).
- Between 1999 and 2007, he worked in MBC International as Deputy General Manager and supervised their IT operational platforms.
- He served in First City Monument Bank Limited (FCMB) as Vice President and in Ecobank Nigeria Limited as Executive Director.
- He is a resourceful Information Technology-driven banker with over 22 years professional experience.
Recall that the President had recently approved the disengagement of the former Deputy Governor in charge of operations at the apex bank, Mr. Adebayo Adelabu.