Neimeth Pharmaceuticals Plc has announced the appointment of Mrs. Bashirat Odunewu as an independent Director of the company. The board of the company also announced the retirement of its Non-Executive Director Adekola Olugbenga Balogun.
The new Independent Director, Mrs. Basirat Odunewu is currently the Group Executive, International Banking Group at First Bank Nigeria Ltd.
The appoint of Basirat into the board of Neimeth suggest FBN Holdings may have an interest in Neimeth.
Profile of the new Director
- She obtained her Bachelor of Science in Chemistry from the University of Manchester Institute of Science & Technology, England.
- She has her masters from the University of London (Imperial College of Science and Technology)
- She is a fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants and Member Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (MCIArb)
- Group Head Inland Bank( now FCMB)
- Affiliated to the Chartered Institute of Bankers and Institute of Directors.
She has over twenty years experience in the financial services sector, spanning various areas of corporate and commercial banking, Investment Banking, Treasury, and Audit.
Neimeth International Pharmaceuticals Plc. is the resultant Company from the Mazi Sam I. Ohuabunwa led Management-Buy-Out of the 60% equity holding of Pfizer Inc. New York, USA in Pfizer Products Plc.
This Management-Buy-Out took place in May 1997 when Pfizer Inc. in pursuit of its global repositioning strategy, divested 60% equity in Pfizer Products Plc. in favour of the existing management.