The NGX starts the new year on a positive note amidst sell-offs and buy-interests as the benchmark All-Share Index (ASI) appreciated by 77 basis points.
The NGX ASI closed at 43,046.78 points, to reflect a growth of 0.77% from the previous trading day and a Year-to-Date (YTD) return of 0.77%. Meanwhile, the market capitalization increased by N886.76 billion.
At the close of market today, Tuesday 4th January 2022, the stock exchange market value currently stands at N23.18 trillion from N22.30 trillion in the previous trading day, which was December 31, 2021.
The market breadth closed negative, however, as ACADEMY led 18 gainers, and 27 losers topped by ARDOVA at the end of today’s session.
The stock market has advanced 330.34 base points since the start of the year.
NGX ASI Top gainers
- ACADEMY up +10.00% to close at N0.55
- WEMABANK up +9.72 to close at N0.79
- CORNERST up +8.70% to close at N0.50
- NEIMETH up +8.00% to close at N1.89
- BUACEMENT up +7.31% to close at N71.95
NGX ASI Top losers
- ARDOVA down –10.00% to close at N11.70
- NNFM down – 10.00% to close at N7.20
- VITAFOAM down – 10.00% to close at N20.25
- CHAMS down – 9.09% to close at N0.20
- SUNUASS down –8.89% to close at N0.41
NGX ASI Top Traded by Volume
- CHAMS – 29,865,271 units
- WEMABANK – 17,111,036 units
- ZENITHBANK – 11,035,397 units
- TRANSCORP – 10,754,662 units
- SOVRENINS –10,476,287 units
NGX ASI Top Traded by Value
- ZENITHBANK – N278,219,129.05
- NB- N232,898,953.55
- GTCO – N212,452,359.95
- BUACEMENT – N121,786,013.30
- UBA – N82,922,578.85
Market sentiments trend towards the bears with the market differential being in favour of the decliners as 18 gainers were surpassed by 27 losers.