Zenith Bank Plc and GT Holding Co Plc investors initiated sell-offs during the day’s trading session losing 1.03% and 1.40%, respectively in share prices.
Zenith Bank started the day at N24.20 and closed at N23.95 per share while GTCO started the day at N24.95 to close at N24.60 per share.
The NGX closed on a negative note amidst sell-offs and buy-interests as the benchmark All-Share Index (ASI) depreciated by 5 basis points.
The NGX ASI closed at 43,248.05 points, to reflect a decline of 0.05% from the previous trading day and a Year-to-Date (YTD) return of 7.39%. Meanwhile, the market capitalization decreased by N11.94 billion.
At the close of market today, Tuesday 30th November 2021, the stock exchange market value currently stands at N22.57 trillion from N22.58trillion in the previous trading day.
The market breadth closed negative as AIICO led 12 gainers, and 24 Losers topped by UPDCREIT at the end of today’s session.
The stock market has advanced 2,977.33 base points since the start of the year.
NGX ASI Top gainers
- AIICO up +9.21% to close at N0.83
- ACCESS up +4.40% to close at N9.50
- WAPIC up +4.17% to close at N0.50
- ETI up +3.73% to close at N8.35
- FCMB up +3.33% to close at N3.10
NGX ASI Top losers
- UPDCREIT down –9.89%to close at N4.10
- IKEJAHOTEL down –9.63% to close at N1.22
- UPDC down – 9.32% to close at N1.07
- CHAMS down – 9.09% to close at N0.20
- UBN down –6.19% to close at N4.55
NGX ASI Top Traded by Volume
- ACCESS – 42,181,454 units
- ZENITH – 38,967,176 units
- FBNH – 16,894,152 units
- GTCO – 16,670,783 units
- AIICO – 12,856,166 units
NGX ASI Top Traded by Value
- ZENITHBANK – N935,403,621.60
- NESTLE – N916,124,975.90
- GTCO – N413,978,634.60
- ACCESS – N389,702,768.45
- FBNH – N198,726,807.40
Market sentiments trend towards the bears despite the market differential being in favour of the decliners as 12 gainers surpassed 24 losers.