At the end of today’s trading session, the Nigerian Exchange market closed negative amidst sell-offs and buy-interests as the benchmark All-Share Index (ASI) depreciated by 15 basis points, while the market capitalization decreased by N29.71 billion.
The NGX ASI closed at 38,911.31 points, to reflect a loss of 0.15% from the previous trading day.
At the close of market today, Thursday 16th September 2021, the stock exchange market value currently stands at N20.27 trillion from N20.30 trillion in the previous trading day. Its Year-to-Date (YTD) return however, is currently settled at –3.38%.
The market breadth closed negative as UNITYBANK led 10 Gainers, and 17 Losers topped by ETERNA at the end of today’s session.
The stock market has declined –1,359.41 basepoints since the start of the year.
NGX ASI Top gainers
- UNITYBANK up +9.62% to close at N0.57
- FTNCOCOA up +8.70% to close at N0.50
- CORNERST up +8.33% to close at N0.52
- CHAMS up +5.00% to close at N0.21
- SOVRENINS up +4.17% to close at N0.25
NGX ASI Top losers
- ETERNA down –9.44% to close at N6.52
- SCOA down –9.40% to close at N1.06
- INTBREW down –4.00% to close at N4.80
- HONYFLOUR down –3.93% to close at N3.91
- UBN down –3.00% to close at N4.85
NGX ASI Top Traded by Volume
- ACCESS – 24,776,258.00 units
- UNIVINSURE – 15,265,888.00 units
- ZENITHBANK – 8,491,361.00 units
- GTCO – 6,753,768.00 units
- JAPAULGOLD – 5,985,308.00 units
NGX ASI Top Traded by Value
- ACCESS – N230,255,009.65
- ZENITHBANK – N200,665,488.55
- GTCO – N182,783,559.00
- SEPLAT – N143,026,312.50
- WAPCO – N101,819,335.25
Market sentiments trend towards the bears with the market differential in favour of the decliners as 10 gainers were surpassed by 17 losers.