At the end of today’s trading session, the Nigerian Exchange market closed flat amidst sell-offs and buy-interests as the benchmark All-Share Index (ASI) depreciated by 1 basis point, while the market capitalization decreased by N1.66 billion. The NGX ASI closed at 39,201.33 points, to reflect a loss of 0.01% from the previous trading day.
At the close of the market today, Thursday 9th September 2021, the stock exchange market value currently stands at N20.42 trillion from N20.43 trillion in the previous trading day. Its Year-to-Date (YTD) return is currently settled at –2.66%.
The market breadth closed negative as CHAMS led 9 Gainers, and 21 Losers topped by CORNERST at the end of today’s session.
The stock market has declined –1,069.39 basepoints since the start of the year.
NGX ASI Top gainers
- CHAMS up +4.76% to close at N0.22
- UBA up +4.67% to close at N7.85
- CUTIX up +4.60% to close at N5.00
- OANDO up +3.08% to close at N4.68
- NB up +1.25% to close at N48.65
NGX ASI Top losers
- CORNERST down –7.69% to close at N0.48
- AIICO down –6.86% to close at N0.95
- LEARNAFRI down –5.56% to close at N1.36
- LIVESTOCK down –5.45% to close at N2.08
- HONYFLOUR down –5.13% to close at N3.88
NGX ASI Top Traded by Volume
- FBNH – 97,728,017.00 units
- WEMABANK – 74,856,205.00 units
- ACCESS – 47,750,839.00 units
- LIVESTOCK – 12,852,373.00 units
- NB – 10,002,977.00 units
NGX ASI Top Traded by Value
- FBNH – N729,640,964.80
- NB – N486,817,551.80
- ACCESS – N451,171,150.40
- MTNN – N275,999,604.20
- GTCO – N256,508,778.55
Market sentiments trend towards the bears with the market differential being in favour of the decliners as 9 gainers were surpassed by 21 losers.