Mr. Oluwole Abegunde has been elected as the new chairman of multi-channel electronic transaction switching and payment processing company, E-Tranzact. He takes over from Mr. Felix Ohiwerei.
Meet Oluwole Abegunde
- Abegunde holds an MBA from the University of Ilorin and is a fellow of the Chartered Institute of Stockbrokers (FCS).
- Oluwole Abegunde has varied experience in manufacturing, banking and the capital market.
- He has held positions in Brand Management, Credit Appraisal, Fund Management, Stock Broking and Capital Issues.
- He was General Manager of Investment Centre Limited, a subsidiary of Broad Bank Limited and worked with NAL Bank Plc from where he joined Meristem Securities Limited.
- He has been a Director of Berger Paints Nigeria Plc., since March 20, 2014.
- He is the current Group Managing Director of Meristem Securities Limited.
- He is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Stockbrokers of Nigeria (FCS).
- He is also an authorized dealer
- Abegunde is currently on the council of The Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE).
- He is the pro-chancellor and chairman of the Governing Council of the Bowen University, Iwo, Osun State.
- Until his election as chairman, Abegunde served as a Director at e – Tranzact International Plc.
eTranzact is Nigeria’s first award winning multi-application and multi-channel electronic transaction switching and payment processing platform. eTranzact has operations in Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Cote d’Ivoire, and UK and is currently expanding operations to more and more countries in the world.
ETranzact was launched in September 2003, and has today evolved into a brand with global reach extending its innovative services to include products which cut across virtually all aspects of the e-payment space; ATM, Internet, POS, and Mobile. The company currently has operations in six other countries around the world; South Africa, Ghana, Zimbabwe, Kenya, Cote d’voire and United Kingdom
Since Inception, eTranzact has deployed its mobile payment solutions to banks and non bank financial institutions alike and was recently granted the license by the Central Bank of Nigeria to provide Mobile Money services to individuals with a special focus on the unbanked.