- President Muhammadu Buhari has appointed Abdullahi Gana Muhammadu as the new Commandant-General of the Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC).
Muhammadu succeeded Dr. Ade Abolurin, who has retired from service.
- A statement by the Special Adviser to the president on Media and Publicity, Mr. Femi Adesina on Friday confirmed the appointment.
- According to the statement, Muhammadu who hails from Muye in Lapai Local Government Area of Niger State was an Assistant Commandant-General of the NSCDC before his new appointment.
- He holds a B.Sc in Sociology from the University of Sokoto and a Masters in Law Enforcement and Criminal Justice from the Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria.
- Meanwhile, President Buhari has congratulated Abolurin on his successful tenure, wishing him a happy retirement.