The list “beneficiaries” of Diezani’s alleged $115 million loot, Kwara State Edition
A witness of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) yesterday upped the ante in the case of alleged bribe of $115 million given by former Minister of Petroleum Resources, Mrs. Diezani Alison-Madueke to Mr. Dele Belgore and former Minister of National Planning, Prof. Abubakar Suleiman.
The witness released names of some of the beneficiaries of the loot and very high officials were implicated. Some of them are
- Resident Assistant Inspector-General of Police in Kwara State- N1 million
- Commissioner of Police in Kwara State- N10 million
- Assistant Commissioner of Police, Operations, Kwara- N1 million
- Assistant Commissioner of Police, Administration, Kwara- N1 million
- Resident Electoral Commissioner, INEC- N10 million
- Administrative Secretary, INEC- N5 million
- Head of Department, Operations INEC and “his boys”- N5million
- Other INEC officers- N2million
- OC Mopol and “his men”- N7million;
- 2 I/C Mopol and his men- N10 million
- Director of the State Security Service (SSS) and his me- N5 million.
- Military in Kwara State- N50 million
- Other security agencies including the Nigeria Security and Civil Defense Corps and the Federal Road Safety Corps- N20 million
These sums were allegedly given in order to facilitate the smooth campaigning and election of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) in the state at all levels. According to the EFCC, Belgore’s handling the money in cash without going through any financial institution is said to be an offence under sections 1(a), 16(d), 15(2)(d) and 18(a) of the Money Laundering (Prohibition) (Amendment) Act, 2012 and should be punished by other sections in the same Act.