Nigerian stocks on Monday, March 15, 2021, closed the trading session with the Bearish note. The All-Share Index (ASI) dropped by 0.22% to settle at 38,561.84 index points almost doubling the loss of Friday last week.
WAPIC (+10%) led the gainers for the day, while REGALINS (-9.96%) topped the losers.
Performance across sectors was bearish as 2 of the 5 indexes under our coverage trended bearishly while the industrial sector showed no gains or losses.
The banking index led laggards, down by -1.01% with the major loser being JAIZBANK (-4.62%).
Contrarywise, the oil and gas goods index, and Insurance closed as the gainer, up marginally by +0.66% and +1.98% respectively.
- WAPIC up 10.0% to close at N0.55
- NNFM up 9.73% to close at N6.2
- SMURFIT up 8.33% to close at N0.26
- NEM up 7.88% to close at N2.1
- BERGER up 7.44% to close at N6.05
- REGAINS down -9.09% to close at N0.3
- LIVESTOCK down -8.50% % to close at N1.83
- NB down -5.34% to close at N47
- LASACO down -4.62% to close at N1.24
- JAIZBANK down -4.62% to close at N0.62
- Nigerian Stocks ended the first trading session south amid soaring oil prices.
- Nigerian stocks are under pressure amid improvement in Nigerian debt instrument yields that include bonds and treasury bills.
- Nairametrics envisages you seek the advice of a certified financial advisor when choosing stocks to buy.