Nigerian bourse in spite of prevailing protest by many Nigerian Millenials ended the past week bullish.
The Nigerian All-Share Index and Market Capitalization both appreciated by 0.86% to close the week at 28,659.45 and N14.980 trillion respectively. Investors gained N127.61 Billion.
- A total turnover of 1.955 billion shares worth N22.978 billion in 22,844 deals was traded this week by investors on the floor of the Exchange. This is in contrast to a total of 3.140 billion shares valued at N35.372 billion that exchanged hands last week in 35,099 deals.
- The Financial Services industry (measured by volume) led the activity chart with 1.648 billion shares valued at N18.824 billion traded in 13,050 deals; thus, contributing 84.29% and 81.92% to the total equity turnover volume and value respectively.
- The Conglomerates Industry followed with 99.313 million shares worth N87.823 million in 553 deals.
- The third place was the Consumer Goods, with a turnover of 60.570 million shares worth N991.189 million in 3,269 deals.
- Trading in the top three equities namely United Bank for Africa Plc, Guaranty Trust Bank Plc, and Zenith Bank Plc. (measured by volume) accounted for 885.515 million shares worth N15.881 billion in 6,308 deals, contributing 45.30% and 69.11% to the total equity turnover volume and value respectively.
- The NSE All-Share Index and Market Capitalization both appreciated by 0.86% to close the week at 28,659.45 and N14.980 trillion respectively.
Explore Data on the Nairametrics Research Website
Use Advanced Financial Calculators on Nairametrics
- ETERNA PLC. up 34.99% to close at N4.90
- INTERNATIONAL BREWERIES PLC. up 12.92% to close at N5.33
- CADBURY NIGERIA PLC. up 12.59% to close at N8.05
- GUINNESS NIG PLC up 12.33% to close at N16.85
- LAFARGE AFRICA PLC. up 10.88% to close at N18.85
- TOTAL NIGERIA PLC. up 10.00% to close at N 112.20
- PRESCO PLC up 8.93% to close at N65.90
- UNION DIAGNOSTIC & CLINICAL SERVICES PLC up 8.33% to close at N0.26
- MAY & BAKER NIGERIA PLC. up 8.33% to close at N3.25
- NASCON ALLIED INDUSTRIES PLC up 7.88% to close at N13.00
- E-TRANZACT INTERNATIONAL PLC down 26.38% to close at N1.73
- PORTLAND PAINTS & PRODUCTS NIGERIA PLC down 10.31% to close at N2.00
- CONSOLIDATED HALLMARK INSURANCE PLC down 8.11% to close at N0.34
- ROYAL EXCHANGE PLC. down 7.41% to close at N0.25
- CUTIX PLC. down 5.81% to close at N1.62
- AXAMANSARD INSURANCE PLC down 5.67% to close at N1.83
- CUSTODIAN INVESTMENT PLC down 4.76% to close at N5.00
- FIDSON HEALTHCARE PLC down 4.63% to close at N3.50
- ARDOVA PLC down 3.61% to close at N12.00
- GLAXO SMITHKLINE CONSUMER NIG. PLC down 3.45% to close at N5.60
Nigerian bourse ended positive W/W amid mixed oil prices as COVID-19 raging onslaughts infected over 38 million people globally.
- Trading activities turned relatively impressive W/W amid the prevailing macro, showing the high intensity of protests by Nigerian youths clamoring for police reforms.
- The Nigerian inflation rate surged to 13.71% (year-on-year) in September 2020, indicating a 0.49% point difference when compared to 13.22% recorded in August 2020, thereby temporarily weakening the buying pressure of top financial-based stocks.
- Nairametrics envisage cautious buying amid rising COVID-19 caseloads globally.